Sunday, July 10, 2016

I have begun to add photos and documents to My FamilySearch Family Tree (FSFT) as I find them during my research.  I have wrestled with how to get my material out there for some time.  I have my RobbHaas Web Pages along with My RootsMagic Pages.  The RobbHaas pages contain data, sources and lots of pictures and are updated about weekly as I add data.  The RootsMagic Pages are created by my RootsMagic software and are updated weekly as well.  These pages contain all the information in my database but without any images.

With FamilySearch I have the ability to upload photos, documents and stories to their site which are linked to the person's profile page.  I am also able to keep the records on this site up to date using the linking capabilities within RootsMagic to transfer facts and sources between the two.

By the end of this year RootsMagic and Ancestry.com have promised that they will also have the ability to link between the software and the online family trees.  In anticipation of this feature I am also uploading the same pictures and documents to my Ancestry Family Tree (AFT)

I also have trees on WeRelate, WikiTree and Geni but I am not currently updating any of these.

My hope is that at least some of this material will endure and be available to someone in the future who has an interest in the history of these families.

No comments: